We confirm that we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19:
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
In the last few weeks, we have stayed open and felt that the decision to stay open was the right and necessary one. During the last 8 weeks of life in lockdown, many customers were relieved to find that we are still providing services and products.
Following the government’s announcement last weekend, it is clear that what we do in the next few weeks has a big impact on when the lockdown restrictions can be eased and life can return to normal. To ensure our customers continue to visit our showrooms safely, we will introduce the following changes:
- Cleaning station by the entrance – please clean your hands with hand-sanitiser before and after visiting the showroom.
- Keep two meters apart from others – there will be posters to remind you about keeping a safe distance.
- One-way system – for some of our showrooms, separate entrance and exit points are not possible, follow the one way system so you can browse safely.
- Contact free delivery – our staff will be wearing a face mask, an apron and gloves when delivering your order and all of our deliveries will be contact-free. Our engineers will also wear appropriate PPEs if it’s necessary to enter your home for repairs and maintenance.
We know that the social-distancing rules during lockdown are extremely hard on those who already feel isolated before the pandemic, we praise our staff who regularly reach out to customers by phone to provide reassurance and support.
In light of the latest government advice on preventing the spread of coronavirus, we have changed the ways we work to ensure the safety of our customers and staff.
All of our shops are still OPEN with reduced opening hours to provide essential items and support for everyone.
Our customers can now place an order over the phone for home deliveries, or collect from a local branch.
We will continue to provide repair and maintenance services, with our engineers adhering to strict hygiene protocols.
Stay safe, stay home, and give us a call if you need anything – even just a chat!
We at Snowdrop Independent Living are committed to providing essential services whilst ensuring that we safeguard our clients and staff.
We have adopted a strict anti-viral cleaning regime. All staff are observing preventative measures thoroughly, and our shops are open as usual.
Customers who have travelled to an affected country in the last 14 days, or who have a high temperature, a dry cough, or are experiencing sudden shortness of breath are asked not to enter our shops, but to discuss their query with us over the phone, we will find a way to provide what is needed.
You can find contact details for each of our shops by clicking here.
We urge those who are going into self-isolation to stay safe and to let us know if we can help.
Keep checking this page for our latest updates.
Mutual Aid Groups
Covid-19 Mutual Aid Local Groups are small groups of people setting up independently in communities to support vulnerable people in their local area through the outbreak, e.g. by running errands/shopping for vulnerable people/self-isolating people.
If you are in need of assistance or would like to volunteer, you can find your local group and learn more by clicking here.